Yes, I am still alive! After several months of internet hiatus, I have finally decided to come out of hibernation. Not that I’ve actually been sleeping on the job, mind you. I just withdrew from my social web activities for a while to see how much more productive I could be. And I’ve actually been doing more besides just redecorating my cave, believe it or not!
Although my online social meter has taken a bear-nose dive into the lake, I did manage to get quite a bit done since October. Here’s some of what I accomplished during my blogging reprieve:
- Completed yet another revision of my novel THE BEAUTY OF DEATH and sent it back out into the publishing world. A publishing house I really like is reading the full manuscript right now
- Completed a contemporary paranormal novella, THE SUMMONING
- Started another novella, a science-fiction romance, OUT OF SYNC
- Joined the live writing group Windy City RWA, which is a a local chapter of RWA (Romance Writers of America)
- Read 2 novels, The Host by Stephanie Meyer and Prisoner of My Desire by Johanna Lindsey, 4 books on the craft of writing fiction and 2 books on freelance writing
- Read and critiqued some work of my writing buddies’ that I’d been sitting on for a while
- And of course the obvious – I gave this website a makeover
And that’s with my full-time job and full family life!
So I’m pretty happy with the results! I’m missing out on some fun stuff I’m sure, but I’ve got to stay disciplined so that I can make my dreams come true.